Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant, composed of three amino acids—cysteine, glycine, and glutamic acid. It works in the body to neutralize free radicals, support the immune system, and contribute to the detoxification processes. Glutathione’s potent antioxidant properties protect cells from damage caused by environmental toxins, pollution, and stress, helping to maintain cellular health and slow down the aging process. Beyond its antioxidant role, glutathione is also instrumental in supporting the immune system, detoxifying the body, and aiding in the recycling and regeneration of other antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E.
The physicians at Amber Wellness Group prescribe liposomal glutathione in many of their treatment protocols. We recommend that you speak with your provider to discuss how glutathione will benefit you and which form is preferred. One of the ways you can achieve effective absorption of glutathione is through a liposomal form (this allows the glutathione to cross through the mucous membranes and get into your bloodstream for whole body access. As a side note, all cells in the body love glutathione, so when taking glutathione in pill form, the intestines get most of the benefit. We have done significant vetting over the years and Amber Wellness Group carries four options that work well and taste good too. If you would like to try any of our favorites, you are welcome to make a Fullscript account here and email email@example.com to have our favorites shared with you.
IV glutathione is another amazing way to absorb and saturate your body with this powerful nutrient. Since every living cell loves and needs glutathione, IV administration ensures a more direct and efficient delivery to your cells.
Why Glutathione? Unlocking the Benefits:
- Antioxidant Powerhouse:
- Glutathione’s robust antioxidant properties neutralize free radicals, helping to safeguard cells from damage and mitigate oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is a common precursor to aging and other various health issues.
- Immune System Support:
- Elevating glutathione levels has been linked to enhanced immune system function. By optimizing the performance of immune cells, IV glutathione contributes to your body’s ability to fend off infections, including effects from chronic viral infections.
- Detoxification Ally:
- The liver relies heavily on glutathione for detoxification and aiding in the elimination of toxins. IV glutathione supports the body’s natural detox processes, squelches the free-radicals from the detoxification process and promotes a cleaner and healthier internal environment.
- As a key player in reducing oxidative damage, glutathione holds promise for those seeking anti-aging solutions. By protecting cells and tissues, it contributes to a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Neuroprotective Benefits:
- Research suggests that glutathione may have neuroprotective effects, making it an ally in conditions involving oxidative stress in the brain and overall nervous system. If you experience brain fog, glutathione can make a difference here as well.
- Chronic Conditions Support:
- IV glutathione has been explored in the adjunctive treatment of chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, neurodegenerative disorders, autoimmunity and respiratory conditions
- Mycotoxin Support:
- Mycotoxin exposure depletes our bodies’ natural stores of glutathione. The two sided benefit of replacing glutathione, is that you’ll be supporting your detoxification pathways and helping your body get rid of those stored mycotoxins as well.
IV glutathione provides a range of benefits for common complaints including brain fog, fatigue, chronic viral infections, immune support, and mycotoxin exposure. If you are intrigued by the potential benefits of IV glutathione, schedule a consultation with one of our providers to discuss your health goals and determine if IV glutathione or liposomal glutathione is a suitable option for you.