Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Do you struggle with acne, excess hair growth, or weight? Do you have periods that are unpredictable, or even absent? Are you wanting to get pregnant, but having a hard time? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is worthwhile for you and your doctor to consider polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as a potential cause to your hormone imbalance.
PCOS is a particular type of hormone imbalance that is common among women of reproductive age. High testosterone levels and blood sugar dysregulation often go hand in hand in causing the undesirable symptoms discussed above.
Diagnosing PCOS is straightforward for the physicians at Amber Wellness Group. The process involves:
An Appointment to discuss your:
- Personal Health and Family History
- Current Symptoms and General Health Status
- Health Goals, Diet and Lifestyle
- Hormone Levels: Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone, FSH and AMH
- Insulin Resistance: Blood Sugar, Insulin and HgA1c
- Thyroid and Adrenal Hormones
- Other Important Lab Values: Including Vitamin D and Iron
- Note: this is recommended based upon your history and lab results.
Lab Work will be Ordered to Measure
Imaging (Ultrasound) may be Recommended to Check your Ovaries
Once we establish a clear diagnosis of PCOS, we will work together to develop an individualized plan aimed to improve testosterone, insulin resistance, blood sugar levels and address your other health goals.
Your Treatment Plan Will Include:
- Individualized Herbal and Supplement Program
- Stress management practices
- Bioidentical Hormones and Other Medications as Indicated
- Dietary and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Stress Management Practices and Support