Intravenous Therapy (IV) is a way to introduce nutrients and therapeutic agents at high concentrations directly into the bloodstream using sterile solutions.
IV Therapy is an excellent treatment choice when you are trying to regain health, providing your cells rapid access to the nutrients they require for healing. It is often used to support a person with acute, chronic or severe illness, or patients who are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatments. It is also used as a part of our cleansing programs, to optimize nutrients essential for detoxification.
An intravenous therapy treatment usually takes from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the concentration of the fluid. A naturopathic doctor may recommend a single IV or multiple sessions over multiple months. The number of ingredients, their doses and the number of sessions required will vary from patient to patient, depending on what you are experiencing and your desired outcome.
Wellness IVs can be administered in a pleasant relaxing atmosphere while you read, listen to music, or chat with others.
Wellness IVs are commonly used:
- To support treatment of acute illness, such as the flu.
- To support treatment of chronic illnesses, such as migraines, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and Lyme disease.
- To support treatment of mood disorder.
- To correct vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- To enhance immune function.
- To increase energy and improve brain fog.
- And to assist in maintaining overall health.
IV Therapy Options Include:
- Immune Wellness Formulas (Similar to Meyer’s Formula) Multiple vitamins and mineral formula
- High Dose Vitamin C with or without Artesunate (Pro-oxidative formula that is shown to be synergistic with many chemotherapies)
- Poly-MVA (Fuel for the cells mitochondria)
- Phosphatidylcholine (Brain Fog, Detoxification)
- Glutathione (Strong antioxidant, helpful in Brain Fog, Detoxification)