One of the many wonderful things to enjoy about living in the Pacific NW is the access to so many choices for outdoor adventuring. In the summer, this means camping and hiking for many of us. So we have created this first aid kit checklist of what you’ll need to keep you and yours enjoying your outdoor time. Many items below can be found through our online medicinary.
- Sunscreen (see more below)
- Natural bug repellent
- Anti-itch cream
- Bandaids (varying sizes)
- Antiseptic cream / ointment
- Aloe gel
- Hand sanitizer
We also like to include some homeopathic remedies that are powerful symptom managers. Homeopathic remedies are inexpensive and work quickly for things like bug bites, itches, and injuries.
- Arnica –for bumps and bruises
- Rhus tox -for poison ivy / oak and other itchy rashes
- Apis -for bee and wasp stings with swelling and redness
- Belladonna -for fevers and headaches
- Aconite -for shock state after an injury
- Symphitum -for broken bones
- Nux vomica –for nausea and vomiting
What else would you add?