These days of uncertainty can feel hard to handle. The unknown of this time of sheltering takes a toll emotionally, physically, and mentally. Please know that even though we are still not able to be with each other physically as much as we would like to be, we are ALL in this together. Amber Wellness Group is here to support connectedness, health and is sending out love from our hearts to yours.
IN OFFICE VISITS
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to make decisions week by week. As of May 1st, 2020, Governor Brown has allowed medical clinics to provide in-person non-emergent medical procedures and visits. This is very exciting news and we are looking forward to providing the care you need! At Amber Wellness Group, this means that we will be able to provide our comprehensive pelvic floor treatments again. This includes Holistic Pelvic Care ™, pelvic floor therapy, MonaLisa Touch and ThermiVA. If you are apprehensive about coming into the office, and you are experiencing hip, pelvic, or back pain, Dr. Lisa has made this video of some simple in home exercises and stretches that you can do to reduce tension in your pelvic bowl. Additionally, Dr. Meghan has recorded this meditation for you to support yourself with nourishing connection and grounding during this time (and always).
We are also scheduling for are blood draws for routine and medication management. In addition, if you feel that you need a physical exam to best address your health concerns, such as an annual: pap and pelvic exams, or an evaluation of your heart, lung, abdomen, etc., we are happy to see you for an in-person appointment as well.
OUR PLAN FOR IN OFFICE PATIENT AND STAFF SAFETY
- We are limiting how many patients we will schedule at a given time, so that we can stagger appointment times to keep on track with social distancing recommendations.
- We will be using PPE (Personal Protective Equipment like masks, gloves) when a 6-foot distance cannot be maintained.
- We will be staggering visits, with increased time between patient visits to limit interactions at the front desk and allow us time to prepare the room in between patients, keeping everyone as safe as we can.
- We will still call every patient ahead of their visit and do a screening of risks, exposures, and symptoms. Expect a call the morning of the scheduled appointment or evening prior if the appointment is in the morning.
- We will be taking the temperature of every patient upon arrival.
- We will not accept in person appointments for anyone exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. You will be encouraged to do a telemedicine visit with your provider to determine if COVID testing and urgent care is warranted.
- We will be performing extensive sanitizing of treatment rooms, door handles, and equipment used between every patient.
- Our providers and staff will be wearing masks and encourage and request patients to do the same.
- We may ask you to wait in your car until your provider is ready for you, keeping waiting room numbers limited.
We are still offering telemedicine visits for your regular office visit and we encourage you to use telemedicine for your appointments whenever possible. Insurance has been really easy to work with as long as you are in Oregon when you are on the phone with your physician. We will keep you abreast of any upcoming changes with insurance companies and when we will resume full time in person office visits.
If you are a new patient and you would like to establish care over anything non-related to the Covid-19 virus, or if you are a returning patient with new health concerns, insurance companies are covering telemedicine visits for these visits too. Many of our patients have been struggling with anxiety and stress during this time and are relieved to be able to work with us to develop a plan to help them reach their health care goals.
If you would like to make an appointment please feel free to contact Michelle (971-319-0045) or schedule here online. We also ask that patients come alone, if you have children who do not have an appointment consider having them stay at home with a parent or guardian if possible to limit the amount of people in the office at one time.
Additionally, if you’re experiencing financial hardship due to layoffs or a reduction in work hours, we can postpone copayments. Please speak with our amazing office manager, Michelle for further details. We are here to support you and want to make sure you get the care you need during this time.
PRESCRIPTIONS AND COMPOUNDED MEDICATIONS
We will be reviewing your medications for refills regularly. Please plan ahead and call your pharmacy for refills. You will need to allow for extra time during the next month or two.
SUPPLEMENT REFILLS & ONLINE DISPENSARIES
If you need refills on your current health plan, please email email@example.com or call Michelle and she will coordinate your refills.
The three links below have most of the trusted and professional brands we carry in our office. If you need help finding any of your individualized protocol brands, herbs, or nutrients please email us and we can assist you. (Lauricidin is not available online – you will need to call Michelle for these specifically).
Thank you for your support and understanding during this time of sheltering. We are honored to be a part of your healthcare team. Stay safe, stay connected, and stay healthy. Sending each of you a great big virtual hug and look forward to seeing you soon! Remember that we are here for you now and always!
Dr. Lisa, Dr. Meghan, Michelle, and Cheyenne