- Cardiovascular exercise to support heart health, such as long walks, jogging, or running. Goal: 30 minutes 4 days week.
- Heart conscious dietary changes:
- Include healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, salmon, avocados and tree nuts
- Take additional Omega 3 fatty acids to increase HDL’s (healthy cholesterol) and decrease cardiovascular inflammation.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, more color means more antioxidants.
- Limit saturated fats (red meat, pork, dairy, fried and processed foods).
- Get adequate sleep (8 hours a night): this is when your body repairs and reduces inflammation. Higher inflammation leads to higher incidence of cardiovascular disease.
- Breathe! This helps bring in circulation to your heart and reduces anxiety that can contribute to heart palpitations. The more we feel stress in our body, the more our heart has to bare.
Iron, a vital mineral, plays a pivotal role in maintaining our overall health and vitality. It's an essential component of hemoglobin, the protein responsible for carrying oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body including the brain and muscles. Iron also plays...