Medical Assistant: Naturopathic Clinic(NE Portland; Hollywood Neighborhood)
Appearance: Must arrive clean, without odors: free of smoke, perfumes, strong scents or body odor. Nails must be clean. Dress Code: professional, clean scrubs, clean shoes.
Must be a non-smoker.
* Welcomes and greets in a friendly manner, in person or over the phone.
* Takes opportunities to assist patients, staff and doctors.
* Listens with attention and shows interest; provides good eye contact and body language.
* Provides excellent communication, keeping people informed, responding to phone and email messages within 24-48 hours, and asking if there is any further information needed. Must be able to type and chart any interactions related to a patient’s medical care.
* Organized and uses personal systems of tracking to manage tasks and follow ups. Able to use systems provided by the clinic to track and communicate progress.
* Goes the extra mile to meet others’ needs.
* Self motivated and able to anticipate needs of patients and physicians.
* Ability to navigate a variety of tasks, as well as manage interruptions to workflow to meet unexpected patient and physician needs.
* Ability to problem solve, ask questions and use resources provided to seek answers.
* Attention to detail in gathering and recording patient information through charting and requisitions.
* Competencies in phlebotomy, processing laboratory specimens, laboratory requisitions.
* If no current experience, the desire to have competencies in IV Therapy including insertions, removals of catheters, preparing the ordered IV protocol using clean technique.
* Preparing rooms in a timely manner, with appropriate medical equipment and labs per provider’s request and patient chief complaint.
* Competencies in taking vitals of patients and inputting into patient charts.
* Competencies in reviewing labs and filing in normal and abnormal folders for doctor to review, identifying critical values and alerting physicians in clinic for review.
* Competencies in electronic charting and chart preparations per doctor’s guidance.
* Orders prescription refills according to clinic and physician protocol.
* Orders IV, medical and lab supplies, and ensures inventory is stocked, maintained and disposes of expired inventory.
* Maintains a clean work environment, follows clinic protocol for sterilizing and cleaning laboratory and exam rooms.
* Willing to engage and support the entire clinic, doing other tasks and projects as needs arise.
* Knowledgeable and respectful of new guidelines for caring for self and others in regards to COVID-19 and other communicable and infectious diseases.
* Ability to learn new systems, supporting the office manager, comfortable answering phones, scheduling patients, receiving payments and documenting needs for follow up.Education, Experience and Physical Requirements
* Current Oregon state certification as a Medical Assistant.
* Current CPR required
* Prior experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred.
* Desire to support and learn about naturopathic medicine in a personal and professional manner.
* Maintains a healthy lifestyle.
* Hearing: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job, such as: auscultation of blood pressure, ability to hear soft voices.
* Speaking: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job, such as: clearly communicating instructions, performing assessments, taking limited history, relaying information to multiple personnel and patients.
* Vision: Visual acuity within normal limits. Must have adequate close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* Computer: Adequate to access and navigate electronic medical records.
* Keyboarding: Adequate to do data entry in electronic medical records, spreadsheets, tracking and document formation.
* Ability to sit, stand, squat and walk at will, and to lift occasionally over 50+ lbs.
* Must be able to attend work regularly and generally work all scheduled hours.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers